Friday, March 27, 2009

Three Fast Years


Three years ago today I saw this beautiful face for the very first time. The waiting had become increasingly long and we were not sure if we would be included in this batch of referrals or not. We were the last log in date to be included. May 30th, 2005. At that time we were the smallest group of referrals to come out of China, ever. Five Log In Dates.

I got the call from our agency at 4:20 that afternoon. Matt was at work, and Kalee was in Texas for Spring break. I remember driving around town that afternoon with my cell phone and pen and paper just in case. Hoping and praying I would be getting a call. Oh the anxiety of giving birth!! The phone rang and the lady from our agency introduced herself and asked me if this was a good time!! I replied, Yes! She then told me they had received our referral that morning. She went on and told me I had a daughter, her name and birth date, she was all bundled up, had lots of hair and she was waiting for us in Jiangxi province. She was 10 months old, and weighed 17.6 lbs. and was 27.6 in. tall at 7 months old. I said "Is she cute?" ....reply, "Oh Yes, she's very cute!" And she proceeded to tell me she was e-mailing me her photo and more info right now!! I called Matt as soon as I got off the phone and cried my way through telling him the details of our baby girl. He told me he would be home as quick as he could. Then I called Kalee and she and her friend went to find a computer so we could all open her photo at the same time.

When we were all finally assembled in front of our computers and on our phones we attempted to open the photo attachment at the same time. Ours at home opened, but Kalee had a hard time and didn't get to see her for a few more minutes. We all gave out a collective sigh....She was adorable!! I was in love.. All I wanted to do from that moment on was get to China and get my hands on my baby....she was already mine. She had been since the day she was born. And I was ready to go! Anxious, scared and Excited.... Ready :) It would be another two months before she was finally in my arms. But that night I took her picture to bed with me and just stared at her.

One year later 2007



Two years later 2008


And today, three years later 2009


I love you Miss M.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful addition you have made in all our lives. we love you miss mady. nana and papa

Anonymous said...

She is growing up waaay too fast! we love her too!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....I can't believe how big she has gotten and the time has just flown by. She is just as cute as a little bug, and I love her too.
PAR

Melanie said...

I wasn't prepared to cry. Very sweet. I love the photo idea... you're so smart :)