Wednesday, March 25, 2009

NYC Day 4

Our 4th day in NYC was again fast and furious and we crammed as much in as humanly possible. Ryan's day consisted mostly of dance classes at the The Broadway Dance Center. She took a yoga class, a ballet class, and a palates class that day and later that night another ballet class. While the kids were at the dance center the moms divided and conquered. Another mom and I felt brave and rode the subway, ALONE! We made it to Lincoln Center and got to see the outside of the Metropolitan Opera House. I was hoping to see the inside, because I had heard it is very beautiful but, it was closed for rehearsal. Oh, well.



So we took a nice brisk walk all the way across Central Park to see if I could purchase a souvenir for Ryan we had seen a couple of days prior. The park is an amazing place, all 843 acres. I can't believe how much is in this space. Among other things there are two ice skating rinks, a zoo, restaurants, a lake, sculptures, playgrounds and on and on. Quite by accident we came upon Belvedere Castle. Very Cool! We got to the other side and the little stand I was looking for wasn't there so we took another path back across and saw even more.








We all met up for an early dinner at Sbarro's Pizza. (Wouldn't recommend it. Too much like Pizza Hut and overpriced) Then we all headed back to the hotel to get ready for Phantom Of The Opera!! While the girls took turns in the bathroom, my roommate and I decided to find Dean and Delucca for some legal addictive stimulants before the show. Like every other time we tried to find something it took a few wrong turns until we stumbled upon it. Actually it was only a few blocks from our hotel right in the center of Rockefeller Center. While we were waiting to cross the street we were approached by a man who handed each of us a free hat and started complementing us profusely.... We knew something was up. When we looked around and saw the NBC van parked on the street we started to get nervous, until he finally asked us for a donation for the homeless shelter....Since I liked the hat, I made a donation. We soon realized we were standing right in from of the NBC studios in Rockefeller Plaza. You see this Deen and Deluca every morning during the Today show when they shoot outside...



`

We were glad to have our warm coffee and headed back to the hotel....Soon we were off to stand in line for Phantom Of The Opera with the "sold out" crowd. Ryan and her dance teacher went to a Ballet class and met us at the theater right before the show started. Phantom was Fabulous!




After the show we found a little restaurant and had a piece of New York Cheesecake. It was now rather late and the girls were exhausted so we headed back to our hotel to collapse into bed so we could do it all again tomorrow... which would be our last day :(

No comments: