
A few more things about New York we want to remember.....We had the time of our lives and I hope Ryan always remembers this time that her and I were able to spend together. It was very cold. So cold we stopped and bought Ryan some gloves and a scarf, and I wore my long johns everyday. But, it was good for us. We learned that once you walk for a little while you either warm up, or get numb and have fun anyway. We learned to walk in New York time......very fast, all day long. I wonder how many miles we did?? We walked so far and so fast everyday that by the last day I could hardly walk! I am not kidding. Both my ankles were sore. But my right ankle was swollen and I could hardly bend it by the time we got home. I think one more day and I would have not been able to do the airports without a wheelchair. I am thankful I had some time to recover before our schedules started up again.
I have never crammed so much into any day of my entire life, and boy was it a blast! We got up at around 6am every day and did not go to sleep before midnight or 1am every night.
We really enjoyed our roommates. I wondered how we would do with the mom and daughter we were paired up with. But they were fabulous!! We are thankful to have been placed with them :)

They put the garbage out on the streets every night in big piles and you can hear the garbage trucks running all night long.

Seeing the steam coming out of the street was pretty cool.

The subway would have been scary alone.
The architecture is amazing.
New Yorker's love to tell you how to get somewhere when they actually have no idea. Or send you the wrong way! But most everyone was nice.
You hear sirens all the time.
People liked to ask us where we were from. One guy in the subway asked if that was in the United States??!!

I can't wait to go back!! And when I do I want to visit: the Brooklyn bridge, the New York Public Library, Coney Island, the promenade at 91st street, spend more time in China town (well, everywhere), get closer to the Chrysler building, see Central Park in the Spring, have more Deen and Deluca....See another Broadway show and take more of my family :)




2 comments:
I'm part of the family, right? :) You can take me too!
girls, i'm glad you had the chance for a trip for just the two of you. you will cherish these memories forever. Ryan, next time there is no stopping me. love you'z, nana
Post a Comment