Thursday, February 26, 2009

Change Is Good, Right??

So, I am taking Mady to school last Thursday and she says to me on the drive, "I hope Mrs. Tooper is there today and she isn't sick". When we arrived and entered the room I saw a different teacher, one who had substituted for them before. So naturally I assumed she was subbing again and I proceeded to comment to the teacher, "she was just saying she hoped Mrs. Cooper wasn't sick today", and at that point she tells me she is the new teacher......Excuse me?? I am thankful Mady had met her before since I had NO opprotunity to talk to my 3 year old about the change in her life ahead of time. She did fine but was still confused at the end of the day, even though the teacher sat the 5 kids (all girls) in the class down and explained things to them. She understood as much as her little 3 year old mind could. And then the next morning she says, "I hope Mrs. Tooper is there today, the other teacher doesn't have a guitar!" This week she has been fine and she likes her new teacher. Don't tell Mady but, I think she is a better teacher...... This is probably for the best, but I sure would have appreciated a letter or phone call so I could have talked to Mady before hand and it would have been easier on both of us. This is a photo of Mady and her new teacher, Mrs. Wiersma.



Can you guess which one of these log cabins belongs to Madalyn?? These are the ones made by her entire class...all 4 of them that were there that day. She loves scissors, glue and coloring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is that Mrs Tooper or the new teacher??? Sometimes Moms are the last to know!!!!
Cute cabin.
PAR

lora said...

In the photo is the new teacher Mrs. Wiersma...sorry