Thursday, November 13, 2008
Sick and Tired
Monday morning Mady woke up with a terribly stuffy, yucky nose. And after school Ryan was complaining she couldn't hear very well out of one ear and by bedtime it was hurting so bad she needed Advil. Tuesday morning I sent her to school on Advil and Dimetapp, expecting to be called in four hours to come get her. She never called and after school she said she still couldn't hear very well, it sounded like she was under water, but it wasn't hurting. So I decided to wait and see what happened. Mady woke up Tuesday sick again but had added red watery eyes to the bill. Wednesday came and Mady woke up with full blown Pink Eye and a head cold. So I called the Dr. and he was nice enough to call in a prescription for eye drops, but wanted to see her if she got an fever, because they had been seeing some ear infections with this going around. This was the first trip to the Pharmacy this week. When Ryan came home from school Wednesday she had discovered what appeared to be dried blood in her ear canal.(sorry kinda gross) So I called and got her in with the Dr. at 7pm that night. She has an ear infection and a ruptured ear drum! Before I could get out of the parking lot of the Pharmacy my husband was calling me to ask if we had anything he could give Mady for pain because her ear was hurting and she was crying! Why didn't I just take them both at the same time?? As soon as I got home I called the Dr. we had just seen and he called in a prescription for numbing ear drops to get me through the night. So back to the pharmacy I went. Matt had come home from work Wednesday night with some sort of severe pain in his right side. It was so bad he had made an appointment with the Dr. for himself on Thursday. (must be pretty bad for a man to make an appointment) So where are we in this tale of illness?? Oh me, ya I think I have a sinus infection! I have been sick for over a month.....ya, I am sick of being sick. So I decided to take my life in my own hands and start taking an antibiotic that I had from the dentist recently. (yes it is a full 10 days worth)You all can keep that to yourselves or at least don't tell the dentists you know. (Jodie) Thursday morning I was woke up by my three year old at 5am. So her and I started our day quite slowly. Time was moving so slowly it seemed until I realized Ryan's school was starting in 15 minutes and we had missed the bus! So I took her to school and surprisingly enough she was only 15 minutes late. Soon enough it was time to take Mady in for her visit with the pediatrician, yep, ear infection in both ears to go along with the pink eye, back to the pharmacy I went. Thursday when Ryan came home from school guess what?? PINK EYE.......I called the Dr. again and they called in a refill for the pink eye med. in case I need it and told me to use the bottle on both of them. Matt went to the Dr. Thursday afternoon and we aren't sure what is going on with him. Could be a few things which will require some further testing. But he did get some good pain killers, which he always enjoys.....The pharmacist actually laughed when he saw him walking up. So far so good with Jordan. This is the one time I am glad he hangs out in his room and does homework and plays the guitar. At least that is what he tells me :) Kalee is probably rejoicing that she is not living at home.....so ya, I am tired and sick and so is almost everyone else in the house. I am thinking something fancy like soup and sandwiches for dinner..........and I am pretty sure my eye is starting to hurt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
ha ha you read my mind!
Post a Comment