Jordan had the privilege of taking part in Mr. TFHS last night at his high school. The boys were nominated by the Senior class and then the administration narrowed it down to 10 boys. They compete in 4 categories, Evening Wear, Sportswear, Talent, and Question and Answer.
First was the Evening Wear. Where they were escorted out by a girl of their choice. Jordan asked a friend of his named Catina. He chose a brown Tux to match her peach colored dress. The Emcee read his bio: "Jordan is being escorted by the lovely Catina. He is the only son among three sisters of.......Jordan enjoys soccer, tennis, robots, art, guitar, and writing. Jordan is a member of the National Honor Society and is hoping to go to college to study music, art, writing and maybe more. Jordan hopes to join the Peace Corps and teach English in Asia. Jordan loves a good adventure and is excited for all that the future will bring after this senior year"


Next was the Sportswear competition. Jordan played dodge ball with soccer balls, against two robots. He ran out into the audience and got a few of the girl escorts to help him beat the robots. Pretty silly. But most of the skits were pretty silly. Some funnier than others of course. I have included a photo of one of the guys doing a dance number, just cause I thought it was a cool photo. Sorry the quality of the photos is so bad. With the low lighting and the way they were running around I had a hard time.




For the Talent competition Jordan sang and played a song on the guitar he had written about his mission trip to Vietnam last summer. He introduced the song with an explanation of what he had written it about. It is called Phu Quoc, after an island they visited. He walked out on the stage and was adjusting the microphones, looks up and says "I can't see you guys very well". And from the very silent audience Mady yells "I can see wou!" Jordan and everyone else in the place laughed. So Jordan says "Hi Mady, that was my little sister, she is pretty cool." Then there was a long "aaahh" from the audience. I personally loved it. So he sang his song and did a fabulous job. Really, he did. (pretend this isn't his mom writing this) Very impressive. And I am glad he shared the meaning behind the song with everyone, he is so talented.

For the Impromptu Question and Answer session the boys were asked a silly question and then a serious question. Jordan's silly question was "If a #2 pencil is the most commonly used pencil, then why isn't it a #1 pencil?"......His response, with hardly a pause, "because you use it on tests".....It took me awhile to get it.
His serious question was "If you could give advice to an incoming Freshman that would have liked a Senior to give you, what would it be?".....Response..."Don't take Spinning, oh, Is Mrs. Wills here??..... I guess not, Don't take spinning I've never sweated so much in my life!"

When the Awards Ceremony came my son was voted Mr. Personality by the other contestants!. And he won 2nd runner up for the evening!!! I am so proud of my son and I love him so much. I don't love him any more because of what he won. I could never love my kids more or less based on their accomplishments. I love them for who they are. Their accomplishments just make me more proud. Jordan is a truly amazing Christian young man. He is well liked because he is fun to be around and he is so nice to everyone! He treats everyone like they are important because they are!He has a real heart for people. I can't wait to see where God leads him in his life. He was truly shocked that he won anything. He really didn't put much effort into this whole pageant and was just looking at it as a fun time. To some degree I think he did it for me. I told him just to have fun with it because it would be a fun memory of his senior year. I think it was!! I am so thankful to have gotten a boy in this house of alot of females, he always comes in and lightens the moment just when I need it. I LOVE you Jordan...


By this time Mady had been asleep for awhile and it was 10:30pm. She had kept asking us if we could leave because she was done! At one point during one of the boys home videos, she said "this isn't a very good movie". Always speaking her mind....




4 comments:
You and Matt have much to be thankful for!
I am so darn proud of Jordan....what a great kid...wish I could have heard his song.
I can't get over how much he looks like your Dad...
Jordy....way to go !!!!!!!
Wish I could have been there.
Love ya, Aunt Pat
He looks so darn cute. I love the brown tux - it makes it easy to know which guy he is.
Too cute of Mady sleeping.
And I love the post on aging parents. She is not going to let you age :)
I love all the pics! And I want to see a pic of Papa when he was young. I absolutely loved when he played his song, I was so proud of him!
Post a Comment