Thursday, December 3, 2009

Justice??

Friday, November 27, 2009

Beijing  Executions over tainted milk: Two dairy executives were put to death in China this week for selling contaminated milk that killed six babies and sickened hundreds of thousands of children last year. Authorities said Zhang Yujun and Geng Jinping sold more than 3 million pounds of powdered milk laced with melamine, a chemical additive that creates the appearance of higher protein levels. Nineteen others convicted in connection with the contamination received lesser punishments. The scandal, which broke last summer, panicked Chinese parents and crippled China’s dairy industry, leading to the recall of Chinese milk products across the globe.
(source: The Week Magazine)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Okay...that makes me sad...I'm not sure what justice should be here...seems like they should have had to wait it out and see what happens in the long run.

Melanie said...

I mean see what they caused to happen...although, I don't know if I believe it was these guys or someone up higher who is making these guys take the fall...that is why i think sad...probably someone who was doing what they were told they had to do.

Anonymous said...

Does this execution make everything right? What about the families that this effected? Does it all go away now? Lets not forget all the people this has hurt, the worried parents and the children that had to have all the tests.. Nana