Friday, December 5, 2008

Nutcracker Interview



Ryan is in the Newspaper today........She was interviewed with two other girls about the Nutcracker performance she will be in next week. If you know me in person you know which newspaper it is in, so go to their website and read the article if you want :)


Part of the the Article reads:

On Wednesday, 46 local children will perform in the Ballet Company's rendition of, "The Nutcracker." For many of the girls, the annual production has become a tradition they look forward to all year.

This year marks Selah's third performance. Selah, 10, will play a party guest with her friend, Ryan, 13. Another friend, Tristin, 8, plays an angel. The girls met at their local Dance Studio, which supplies many of the locals for the touring production.

On the day of the production, the Ballet Co. descends upon our town to rehearse with the local dancers before going on stage that night. The girls don't even see their costumes until that day.

Still, the production comes together flawlessly every year, said Selah's mother.And although the kids get to work directly with the company for only a day, it's still a great chance to learn new techniques from the pros, the girls said.

Dance is only a hobby for most of the girls - of the three friends, only Ryan wants to work her way up to big ballet company - but they and their families still treasure their time spent in ballet slippers during the holidays every year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just read this in the paper this morning and thought I would post something on my site, and then I thought I would see if you had, and sure enough there they are. This was a good article. I'll have to ask Ryan for her autograph on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ryannie!!!!
PAR

Coach Brian said...

Keep Dancing Ryan! Good Luck tonight!