Last week I woke up angry and saddened with China. For the first time since we brought Mady home I was mad at her homeland.
What is the cause of my anger?? Kidney stones in my 3 year old daughter!
I am angry at the greedy people who collected the milk from the dairies and decided to water it down to make more money. I am angry at the people who willfully, purposefully and knowingly dumped the toxic substance Melamine into that milk in order to raise the protein content.
Melamine is an industrial chemical used for producing plastics, including the plastic dishes we used as a kid called Melmac. It is high in Nitrogen and is often used in chemical fertilizers. When added to milk it makes it look richer in protein than it really is. This Melamine is the same industrial contaminant that was found to be in pet food from China that poisoned and killed thousands of U.S. dogs and cats last year.
I am angry that the Chinese Government chose to pay people to keep quiet about this until the Olympics was over to save face. I am saddened that in China, 54,000 children have been sickened and 4 infants have died! I am sad that people, especially innocent little babies, are not more important to the Chinese government. And I am angry at the government for not regulating this kind of thing in order to protect their people from GREED. I am angry that this contamination has been going on for years. Come to think of it, I am angry at the United States Government for allowing the food products containing this chemical to enter our country.
I am angry that my daughter has kidney stones made of poison because of the chemical Melamine she ingested in her baby formula in China. I am sad that 2 of my friends, (so far) are in the same situation as me. Not knowing what to do to help our girls and not knowing what the potential long term consequences of this melamine poisoning will be for our girls.
I am angry that we are still being told that this has only been going on for a short time and we only need to have our children tested if they have come home from China in the last two years. I do not believe we still know the whole truth of this story from China.
I am sad for my daughter. Who, I am afraid will face years of testing and who knows what else, because when she was a tiny helpless beautiful baby someone decided that making more money would benefit them and did not count the cost.
This is the Country that allowed me to bring my precious little baby girl home. I Still love China, I will always love China. I love their ancient rich history, I love the beauty I see in land. I love the people, even though some have hurt me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
very well said
Can I cut and paste this to our blog (not really, but ... very well put)! I am angry as well but am glad (even though I wish Mady and Lili didn't have it) that our families will figure this out together.
Who said you couldn't write very well ????
EXCELLENT JOB....
My prayers are with Mady and all of the innocent little children that have been affected by this horrible sense of greed.
PAR
Post a Comment