Monday, September 15, 2008

Mady quotes

Funny moments in our everyday life with Mady.

*While driving past the newly built LDS Temple, Mady says "That is a Beautiful Palace!"

*Today she told me "I tried a bee-mato yesterday and it was bee-licious" (yesterday is any time in the past)

*While being pushed in the stroller around the mall this weekend she starts singing, "Anna bee-tanna" over and over and over. I wasn't aware she even knew who Hanna Montana was.

* I allowed her to use some glue to make a picture recently and while I had my back turned, she says, "this glue doesn't taste, bad..." Some time ago she had been told that glue doesn't go in your mouth. I vaguely remember telling her it was yucky. I guess she had to see if I was right. Apparently I wasn't. So I told her maybe she isn't old enough for glue yet.

* While Ryan and I were looking through the clearance racks at Target, she suddenly says loudly, "that lady is from my China!" I look up to find an adorable Asian lady staring at me from the other side of the rack. She couldn't see Mady because she was standing on the ground. So I reached down and picked her up so the lady could see that she was indeed from China. And she so sweetly says to Mady "are you from China?" Of course Mady proudly replies "YES!" Her sweet husband joins in the conversation and tells us that she was adopted too, from Korea. So I googled over their 2 month old adorable baby and was thankful they were such kind people!

* After breaking something of mine she shouldn't have been touching, I asked her "how did that get broken?" her reply "that happens!"

* We went to the park recently and as soon as I got her out of her car seat and put her down she starts walking off. I assumed she was excited to go play. But she kept walking right through the toys and across the grass headed for the other side of the park. So I yelled at her to come back, she kinda stopped and looked at me, like why?? And started walking again. So I start running to her, all the while yelling at her to come back here. When I get to her I ask her where she is going and she says " to get my sister" I looked over and realized she was following a girl about high school age. So I said "what sister??". She just says "that sister". I asked, "Kalee??" And she says "yes, you said we were going to play with Kalee at the park" And I said, "No, we are going to play with Meili"
Sweet baby :)

* Sometimes while Ryan is telling me about her day in the car. Mady will suddenly start talking from the back seat, as if carrying on a conversation with me too. Going on and on, with the words "and I was like", and "Holy Cow", interspersed quite frequently. Trying to be oh, so grown up.

*While at Jordan's soccer game she sees a field of corn behind us. She asks her family to go with her to pick some and no one would . So she convinces Pastor Paul with the words, "I trust you". Thankfully they couldn't get to the corn. So she and HE are still crime free!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love love it!
"I trust you" "and I was like" are my favorites! (probably because I hadn't already heard them. :)

Anonymous said...

I liked the "that happens"...sure could have been worse...!!!!
You have your hands full for sure.
PAR

Melanie said...

love her!

Unknown said...

You have no idea how happy I was that there was a fence and irrigation ditch between us and the corn. However, I do recall a time in the New Testament when the Jesus and the disciples took some grain [food] from a field because it was the common practice for travelers...