Monday, July 14, 2008

Annual visit to the DRIVE IN

At least once every summer we make sure to visit our local drive in movie theater. As drive ins are dying out across the nation, we are lucky enough to have two in our town. So recently we were able to enjoy a warm summer evening outdoors watching Kung Fu Panda. This is a much different experience than an indoor movie theater. Some people put couches in the back of their trucks, some set up tables and picnics, there are always lots of lawn chairs, blankets, and kids in their jammies. The people are almost as much fun to watch as the movie! I looked around and was reminded that we live in rural America, it was hilarious! One of our other favorite times is intermission....they still play the fill in commercial of the hot dog, ice dream, and drinks begging us to come buy something at he concession stand!!! This clip must be 50 years old. This is a great family time!! I highly recommend it!! Don't let ours close down....Go tonight!






"you need quiet while a hot dog is singing??"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the last election, I didn't vote. I got a manicure and FORGOT to vote...

I forgive you!

You...forgive me???