Thursday, June 19, 2008

For Those who asked




Here is the recipe for the salad I served last night. I got this from a Vietnamese friend, and many people told me they wanted the recipe. So here you go.....

FISH SAUCE,(Dressing):
2 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Fish Sauce (the best kind is pictured at left, 3 Crabs brand)
1 Cup Sugar
2 tsp. Hot Chili Garlic Sauce (you can get this at Winco or the Asian Market. It is red with a green lid)
2 lemon wedges squeezed (one whole lemon)
2-3 Garlic cloves minced
Mix and chill

SALAD:
Rice Stick Noodles (Chao Ching)
Fresh bean sprouts
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Julienne sliced carrots
Thinly sliced turkey, chicken, or ham

Soak noodles in hot water about 20-30 minutes. Then steam if they are not soft enough.Throw everything in a big bowl and serve with Fish sauce on the side...

Very Easy and LOW in Fat!!! Yeah!




Also, I would highly recommend this sweet Chili Sauce! Mae Ploy brand. We dipped the egg rolls in it and it would be very good on all sorts of things! I also got it at the Asian market.

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this taste really "fishy"? I was thinking about trying it.